WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80070103
If you fail to install the Windows Updates and received the following message: WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80070103 ran into a problem. In this article, we discuss how to fix Windows Update Error Code.
This Error Code 80070103 it’s a common error, so don’t worry it’s is not a very serious problem and you can fix it completely and easy method are applied to solve it by yourself.
WHAT REASON OF BEHIND CODE 80070301
This error usefully occurs when your driver does not update correctly and or the driver has a lower compatibility rating then you have already installed another driver, and try to install the driver that is already installed on your computer. So, using another ways to solve the problem and try to update the driver.
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR 80070301
In this article we are going to about how to can fix this error by updating drivers via other ways. We need to check out what specific device driver causes the Error.
WHICH DEVICE DRIVER CAUSES THE ERROR
- At the search box from the Start menu and type Windows Update
- Click Windows Update or Check for Updates from the top result
- Select View Update history in the list
- Then you can find the specific failed device driver update on the top of the list.
UPDATE THE DRIVERS
- Go to Control Panel, then Hardware & devices then go to Device Manager.
- Select the device you want to update, then right-click and select Update Driver.
If you select “Search automatically for Updated driver software” then this option automatically updates the driver software and windows will search for download and install the specific driver for you.
If there is a new version and no driver update is found, then you download the latest driver by manually.
In this case, you got a .exe or .zip file with the driver, and there are no instructions are available. Double-click the .exe self-extracting package and then do the following steps:
- Click the Start button.
- In the search bar type Device Manager.
- Select the hardware device you want to update.
- Select Update Driver by right-clicking the device.
- Click the option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select the Browse button.
- Browse and choose the main folder where the content you have extracted earlier.
8. Click Ok.
9. Check the Include Subfolders to allow the wizard to search the exact .inf file with the Update the driver instructions.
10. Click the Next.
The newer version of the driver will install on your computer, after completing the steps. Usually, the update drivers for older hardware or printers then you would use this method.
If you face any problem with the new driver, in this situation you have then opted to return to the previous state of the driver. For complete this follows the below steps:
- Right click on the Device
- Go to the Properties then click the Driver tab
Click Roll Back Driver if you want to restore a previous version of the software.
NOTE: The Roll Back Driver option will only be available if you’ve updated the drive.
If you keep your driver up-to-date then Windows makes it pretty easy, but whether its manual or automatic, it’s now easier then ever to update, find and roll back drivers in Windows.
VERIFY DRIVER HAS UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY
If you want to make sure the driver that has to install updates successfully are not then you can check the driver version and date using the follow below steps:
- Click Start.
- Type Device Manager.
- Choose the desired hardware you update.
- Select properties by right-clicking the device.
- Select the Driver tab.
In the “Driver tab” you can see the information of the “Driver Date” and “Driver Version”.
If this information matches the detail that provided by the manufacturer, then you use the latest version.