WINDOWS 10 KEYBOARD NOT WORKING [FIX]
If you face the problem Windows 10 keyboard not working then don’t worry in this post we will provide a best and easy solution that helps you to run the keyboard back. However, this problem might occur when you update the windows 10, but don’t upset follow the below solution and apply it.
SOLUTION 1: UPDATE YOUR KEYBOARD AND USB DRIVER
The most common reason behind the error of not working desktop or laptop keyboard is an outdated driver. When you face these types of problem you first check the driver of the system and all connected devices. However, you must get rid of this problem once you update the drivers.
Here there are two methods of update the drivers for your keyboard, USB and also your system and other devices.
- Manually update the driver
- Automatically update the driver
Manual Update the Driver
For manual update the drivers go to the manufacturer’s website and then search for the latest drivers for your keyboard but remember that a driver which you download must be compatible with your system and keyboard specifications.
Automatic Update the Driver
If you don’t want to update driver manually then you can choose the automatic method for updating. In updating method system automatically update the latest driver for your keyboard and USB. You simply download a software that use update the driver automatically like Driver Bosster Free, SlimDrivers, Driver Doctor, and Driver Easy download and install one of the software and run it. These software find the latest and correct driver for your keyboard.
SOLUTION 2: UPDATE YOUR KEYBOARD DRIVERS USING DEVICE MANAGER
- Go to the search bar and type Device Manager and open it.
- In the device manager scroll down the list and find the keyboard and open it.
- Right-click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and select Update Driver Software.
- For complete the driver update process firstly select the “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- If the above first option does not solve the problem then apply the second option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now select the option “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” and click on Next.
- Once complete process Restart your system.
SOLUTION 3: RUN THE HARDWARE AND DEVICES TROUBLESHOOTER
If above the solution not working then run the troubleshooter and check what problem behind it.
- In the search bar type Control Panel and open it.
- In control panel type troubleshooter in search box.
- Now in the left pane click on View all.
- Select the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Device and run it.
- Once process complete restart your computer and check windows 10 keyboard not working fix or not.
SOLUTION 4: TURN OFF FILTER KEYS
Turn off filter keys another way to solve the problem keyboard not working. Filter keys is a feature in Windows 10 that by default on the filter keys which sometimes create an issue of working keyboard. If we turn off the filter keys more chances to solve the problem.
- Go to the control panel and click on Ease of Access Center.
- In the list select Make the Keyboard easier to use.
- Now in the make the keyboard easier to use section make sure the Turn on Filter Keys check box is not checked.
- Turn off this option and select Apply and then Click on Ok to save the changes.