WINDOWS 10 INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE [FIX]
If you recently update the Windows 10 and your PC will not start up and showing a message INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE with blue screens and you don’t know how to solve this issue on the other hand you had use various recovery method but not any method is working so, don’t worry this post we provide the step by step best solution to this problem.
CAUSES OF ERROR WINDOWS 10 INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE
There can be multiple reasons behind this error of Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device. Now firstly we check the causes of this error.
- System driver missing, corrupted from storage stack.
- Virus or Malware on your system.
- Hard disk corrupt or damaged.
- Storage controller and motherboard fault.
- During the boot, partition files corrupted.
Here below we provide some solution that helps you to get rid of this problem.
SOLUTION 1: REMOVE RECENTLY-INSTALLED PACKAGES
Sometimes, a recent update creates this problem if you make sure recent update is the reason of this problem then you remove the recently packages one by one.
Follow the below steps to do this:
- Open the setting app and go to Update and Security.
- Select Recovery and then choose Advanced Startup.
- Click Restart Now.
- Wait for a few seconds, a blue screen will show, select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
- In advance option select Command Prompt.
Wait for a moment system restart for open the command prompt, once it open write the below instruction in command prompt and press Enter.
- If your windows installed in C drive then type in command prompt dir c: and press Enter.
- After that Run Dism /Image:c:\ /Get-Packages.
- All packages that install on your system show on screen. Now use the date field for note down the name of the most recent package.
- Type dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /[package name], to remove the package replace the package name with you note down in above step.
- Now reboot your machine.
However, if your problem does not fixes repeat the above process to another recent update package it will work.
SOLUTION 2: CHECK THE HARD DRIVE
- Restart your computer and go to the Advanced Startup section.
- Select the Troubleshoot and go the Advance options.
- Choose Command Prompt in this section.
- Once Command Prompt open write down some following command and then Press Enter after each line.
- Type bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and the Press Enter.
- Tbootrec.exe /fixmbr and Press Enter.
- Type bootrec.exe /fixboot and Press Enter.
- If you check the system hard disk then you can check using the chkdsk command but one thing is to remember that you make sure the correct letters of all your hard drive partitions.
- In command prompt type chkdsk /r c:
- If you check the partition d then in command prompt type chkdsk /r d:
- Restart your system and check your problem is fix or not.
SOLUTION 3: RUN THE BSOD TROUBLESHOOTER
If the above solution does not work and your problem still remains in this case you run the troubleshooter tool. Troubleshooter tool is the best tool that deals with all system BSOD problem like INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error and many other similar problems.
- Open the Setting section and select Update & Security.
- On the left side, the menu finds out the Troubleshoot and open it.
- In the right Pane choose the BSOD and select the Run the Troubleshooter.
- To complete the troubleshooter follow the instructions.
- After complete, the process restarts your system.