Windows 10 black screen with cursor
In this article, we are going to about Windows 10 black Screen with cursor and many solutions or a series of steps to help you troubleshoot and fix the black screen problem on your device.
Windows 10 has already a reliable Operating System and also prevent any harmful virus but, like in sometime any debug are occur and user have not idea how to solve it like a issues you can come across is a black screen on your Windows 10 Computer, in this error screen is completely black and only cursor is shown in this situation user have worried what is do because you don’t get an error code or massage giving you an idea to resolve this issue.
1) BOOT IN SAFE MODE TO TROUBLESHOOT
If you face a problem of Black Screen with cursor then you can fix this problem to boot your computer in Safe Mode. In a number of ways that you can use to get your computer to boot in Safe Mode, but in this case, you follow these below steps:
- Start your System
- Hold the Shift key down, at the sign-in screen
- Click the power button on the bottom-right and select Restart
If you cannot see any massage are any menu due to the black screen then start your PC, as the blue Windows logo appears, then press the power button and reboot your system again.
These steps repeated three times until your windows 10 repair automatically. Follow the on-screen directions and select launch the advance options menu.
- Click Troubleshoot, once you’re the advanced startup menu
- Select Advance options
- Click Start up settings
- Select the Restart Button
- Press 5 or F5 to enter in Safe Mode with Networking, on the Startup Settings
Once your system is in Safe Mode, then you can try troubleshooting steps.
2) USE WINDOWS KEY + P SHORTCUT TO SWITCH DISPLAYS
Another method you can apply if you still face black screen before login on Windows 10. You can try this method press Windows key + shortcut to switch displays. Follow the below instruction resolve the error.
- Open the project menu, press Windows Key + P shortcut command
- Now Project menu will open, although you don’t see it. However, you don’t worry about this, that’s perfectly normal.
- Press down arrow or up arrow key a few times and then press Enter.
- After following these steps you are successful and your screen should appear. If it does not work and the screen doesn’t appear then you might have to repeat this step again a few times.
Due to some reason, your project mode might change to the Second screen only, after update to Windows 10, so you need to change that by following our instructions.
In another case, if your account is protected through the password, then firstly you’ll have to log in. to do this follow steps:
- Press Space or Ctrl
- Enter your Password and then press Enter
This can be tricky, it might take you a few tries because you’ll be doing this on the black screen.
3) UNINSTALL YOUR GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER
If you face black screen with cursor issues or error, then you can try another method that resolves this issue. Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Esc in order to start Task Manager. By using Task Manager you’ll be able to start Device Manager, however, you following these steps:
- Press File then Run new task
- In Create new task box Enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter to run it.
You might have to access Safe Mode and uninstall install display drivers from there if you can’t open Task Manager. To access Safe Mode following below steps:
- While your computer boots keep pressing F8 or F4 (these keys are different on your computer according to your system model) to access boot options. However, Windows 10 boots faster than its predecessors.
- Choose Troubleshoot then Advance Options and then Startup Settings
- Now your computer will restart, after that, you’ll be presented with the list of options
- Choose safe Mode with Networking
If your driver uninstalls then follow these steps to install the driver:
- Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
- Open device Manager, find your graphic card, right click it and select Uninstall.
If asked, make sure that you check the box “Delete driver software for this device“.
- Restart your computer, after you’ve uninstalled the driver.
Windows 10 start normally and the issue of the black screen with cursor should be fixed.
4) DISABLE FAST STARTUP
A method Disable Fast Startup may resolve the issue of black Screen with the cursor.
- Restart your system in Safe Mode.
- At the bottom corner of the desktop press Control Panel in the search box, and in the pop-up, menu click Control Panel.
- You see a small icon and click Power Options
- Select “Choose what the power button does“
- Now select “Change settings that are currently unavailable“
- In the “shutdown settings“, Turn on fast startup (recommended) uncheck and then choose “Save changes“.
5) FOR LAPTOP (REMOVE BATTERY & LONG-PRESS BUTTON)
If you are using the laptop and your laptop screen convert into black then you resolve this issue by following these steps:
- Shut down your laptop
- Remove its battery
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds (While the battery is out)
- Put the battery back in the laptop and then start your PC again
If this method doesn’t work then you follow the next below solutions.
6) RESET YOUR PC
The final solution you can try to solve the black screen with cursor issue is to reset your PC. This is done when you reinstall Windows entirely. We suggest you contact your PC manufacturer for further assistance if you’re not comfortable with resetting your PC.
- Restart your Computer in Safe Mode
- At the bottom left corner of the desktop, type settings in the search box, then click Settings in the menu that displays.
3. Click Update and Security.
- Click Recovery.
5. In the ” Reset this PC” section click Get started.
To reset your PC then follow the on-screen instructions.
I hope so, this article guides you to how to fixes has resolved your Windows 10 black screen with cursor error. All these above solutions are work and perfect guideline and easy to understand. If you give any suggestions and ideas then please comment below as we’re happy to see your suggestions or comments.
Thanks that’s all.