Turn Off Facebook Notifications in Chrome On Window Desktop
Now a days many social network sites like Facebook demand your constant attention. When you work on your computer constant beeps and bell sound distract you from your work. Google Chrome is the most popular browser for computer users and it has no exception to sign in to your respective browsers to have agreed to receive notifications. It is better to Turn Off Facebook Notifications in Chrome On Window Desktop.
If you want the notification from Facebook not to bother you, then it is best to disable them. In this article we are going to show you how can disable Facebook notification in Chrome.
BLOCK FACEBOOK NOTIFICATION FROM CHROME
Chrome browser alerts you by default, whenever an app, a website, or extension wants to send you the notification. So, recently if you noticed ‘ Desktop Notifications are on’ or alerts popping up whenever you receive a Facebook notification is definitely ON.
However, now you can easily turn off the notification at any time. Just follow the below steps.
- First, open Google Chrome and click the menu icon in the top right corner of the browser window.
- From the drop-down menu Select Settings.
- Now, find Show Advanced Settings to Scroll Down the list.
- Look for content settings and click on it, under the Privacy and Security Section.
- Scroll down to the Notification Section and click on it.
- In the notification section, you see toggle Ask before sending. This toggle by default is on, and it will ask you by using beep sound or bell if you want to receive notification from any site.
If you disable or turn off the toggle then you will not receive any notifications from any website.
For those people who want to disable or turnoff only Facebook notifications, you can do follow these below steps.
- In the notification section, make sure is the Ask before sending toggle?
- Now in the Allow Section, search for the Facebook.com.
- Click on the three-dot icon and select Block. Once done this step now you receive all your notifications except the Facebook notifications.
You can use the same steps or procedure for disabling or turn off notification from any site you want and leave only the once that are most important for you.
BLOCK DESKTOP NOTIFICATIONS ON FACEBOOK WEBSITE
If you don’t know how to change the Google Chrome Settings then you can read the above procedure, after that, if for any reason you don’t want to change the Chrome Settings then you can disable or turn off Facebook notifications from the Facebook Website.
Here we are going to about the how to disable the notification from Facebook Website.
- Log into your Facebook Account.
- Go to the menu bar and then Settings.
- In the setting, section Click on Notifications in the left panel.
- Now click on Desktop and Mobile and go to the Desktop Section.
- If you see the text that is written as “Notification are enabled on this device” then next to the Chrome icon and click on Turn off. Once this is done it will disable Facebook notifications in your Chrome browser.
That’s it! This is the way you can choose whether you turn on or off the notification of Facebook on your computer. Both ways are worked properly and the easiest way. I hope this article is more beneficial for you and easily understand and try the one that you find more appropriate for you and in the comment section below share your thoughts.