How To Check Ram On Windows 10 | Multiple Methods
What is Ram?
Ram stands for the Random Access Memory. Ram is also known as primary memory. It stores data directly that came from the CPU for a temporary time. It is a volatile memory not permanent memory to store data. Ram serves the fastest memory to the CPU while processing it can immediately store data directly to RAM. Ram is that’s why known as the primary memory and also the fastest memory.
Generally more the ram the more your computer will be faster because it provides the more efficient crawl rate to the computer. Nowadays the computer has a lot of rams while [previously the computers were using low ram memory as compared to know.
Types of Ram:
There are two types of Ram as follows:
SRAM (Static Random Access Memory):
Sram is the static random access memories. They do not need to refresh over and over again these can keep data stored on them as long as the computer is turned on. These are the fastest rams as these rams do not need to refresh continuously.
DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memories):
Dynamic RAM is generally slow memories as they need to be refreshed over and over again and these rams are the older technology and not being used nowadays.
Commonly used ram (amount) for windows:
Now A Days 8gb and 16gb RAMs are mostly being used, and some high specification laptops and computers are using the 32Gb RAM and providing the user blazing fast experience of the computer. Gaming laptops and computers mostly need more RAM to run games on them.
How To Check Ram On Windows 10:
There are four methods to check RAM on Windows 10:
Check ram on windows 10 using msinfo32.exe!
You can check the ram using Microsoft system information msinfo32.exe function just follow the steps below.
- Simply press the Windows button on your laptop and R to open the RUN dialogue box.
- Now type msinfo32.exe in the RUN box and hit Enter.
- You can see ram as “installed physical ram memory”.
Check the RAM via Task manager in windows 10:
- Press CTRL, SHIFT and ESC keys at the same time to open the Task Manager on your windows 10.
- Now click on the performance tab on top of the menu.
- Click on the memory to see the available Ram memory on your system.
Check Ram in control panel of Windows 10:
Typecontrol panel in the search bar of windows to open up the control panel.
- Show control panel items by category view. And now click on the system and security.
- Now just click on the view amount of RAM and Processor speed.
- Now you will see the installed ram memory on the screen.
Last but not least it is the easiest way of all time.
- Right click on the My Computer icon on the desktop.
- Now click on properties in the popup menu.
- Here it is you can see the installed ram memory in front of you.
I hope you will love the article and it solved your problem. If it does so, do share to help others! Thank you.