Google Chrome Not Responding – Easy Solution
In the world, Google Chrome is the most popular browser and it is a very fast, stable and reliable browser, but this does not mean it’s 100% error free. Sometimes Google Chrome not responding, preventing users from connecting to the internet.
If you are facing such issues then follow in the below list troubleshooting steps.
HOW TO FIX GOOGLE CHROME IS NOT RESPONDING
Google Chrome is one of the great browsers that is mostly used, however, many users reported that sometime Chrome created a bug that is Chrome not responding at the time, in this case, a lot of working, searching is stope, this is a big issue, and speaking of problems.
Here we discuss some issue or problem that users mostly reported:
In Windows 8, 7 Google Chrome not responding
If you face the problem not responding Google Chrome in Window 7, 8 then you install Windows 10 then this problem is resolved because this issue mostly occurs on older versions of Windows.
Google Chrome Freezing
In this case, if freezing Google Chrome then the cause of this the installation might be corrupted, so reinstall chrome again.
Google Chrome not responding on Startup
This problem is occurred due to third-party applications. To fix the issue, it’s suggestion to perform a full scan and check if that helps.
Google Chrome Keeps Crashing not Responding
This is another problem that is reported to fix this problem be sure to clean your cache and check if it has done.
Solution of the Google Chrome not Responding
In this article, we provide solutions on how to resolve the error of Google Chrome not responding, now see the solution in the below section.
1) CHECK THE PROXY SETTINGS
In some cases, the user reported that their Chrome is not responding. This issue might be your proxy, the proxy is a great way to protect your privacy online, although sometimes it can cause the not responding the Chrome. To fix this problem we can disable proxy then check if it works by doing the following these steps:
- Open the Setting App, Press Windows Key + I.
- Select Network & Internet section, when Setting App opens.
- Open Proxy section in the left pane. In automatically proxy setup, disable all set in the right pane and check if that helps.
Check if the issue is resolved, after disabling the proxy.
2) RESTART YOUR COMPUTER / CHROME
If the problem is still then restarting your computer might be a program or process currently running on your computer causing a problem with Chrome. So, you can restart your computer to check if that fixes the problem.
Steps for restart Chrome
- Close Chrome and re-open again.
- Press ctrl + q.
- Try loading the page again.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + t.
RESET GOOGLE CHROME
If the above solution not works then you might want to reset it to default. This is the simple and very easy method and you can do it by following these steps:
- Click the Menu icon and select to Settings.
- Scroll down the list and choose Advance.
- In Reset and clean up section, click Reset settings.
- Now click the RESET button.
Once you reset Chrome, then check if it is work or not.
3) ADD CHROME FIREWALL EXCEPTION LIST
If Google Chrome might not respond then may be an issue with your firewall. Your firewall is designed in a way in which it restricts internet access to certain apps, maybe Google Chrome not responding due to firewall restriction, so in order to make sure that everything is working properly, now you fix the problem add Google Chrome to your firewall exception list.
This is very easy you can follow these steps:
- Go to the search menu and type “Windows Firewall” then enter.
- Select Allow an app through the Windows Firewall, in the left-hand pane.
- Click the Change Setting button and then select Allow another app.
- Select Google Chrome and then click Add and then Ok.
Google Chrome automatically add your firewall, but not sure to follow these instructions to fix the problem.
4) SCAN YOUR COMPUTR FOR MALWARE
Another reason that the main causes of this problem can be a malware infection. Sometimes Malware interferes with your browser and reason Google to not respond. It can be a big problem that resolves immediately however, you should be able to resolve it by performing a detailed antivirus scan.
To make sure that your system is completely protected, an antivirus solution such as Bitdefender is a good third-party antivirus that removes the virus and protects your system. This antivirus offers advanced security features ensuring and great protection that your system is protected at all times.
Once you scan full system completely, then ensure that the issue should be completely resolved.
5) CLEAR YOUR DNS CACHE
If the problem still (Google Chrome is not responding), the issue might be your DNS cache. This is a small problem that is fixed easily, you just have to remove the cache. To do this, you need to Command Prompt to run few commands by following these steps:
- To open Win + X menu, press Windows Key + X.
- Choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- Type the following commands and then Enter after each one:
- Ipconfig / flushdns
- Netsh winsock reset
6) RUNNING THE LATEST CHROME VERSION
If Google Chrome is not responding on your system, then it might be the version of Chrome that is out of date. Sometimes certain errors can occur once in a while and cause issues with Chrome. Therefore it’s it is necessary to keep Chrome up to date.
Google Chrome usually automatically checks for updates, but you can also always check for updates manually, to do this follow below steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the top right corner click the menu icon, and choose Help > About Google Chrome.
- A new tab will open and Chrome will check for all available updates. If any updates are available then they will be automatically downloaded.
Once Chrome is up to date, then I hope so this problem is resolved, be sure to check if the problem still appears.
7) UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE BROWSER
If all above solution does not work and the problem still then you to completely uninstall Google Chrome and reinstall the browser. We advise you to use Revo uninstaller software. This application is very reliable and will remove Chrome along with all files and all registry that is associated with it. Now install the latest Chrome version and check the problem is resolved.
I hope so, the above-listed solutions are helped you to fix Google Chrome’s responsiveness issues.