Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 [Solution]
What is Driver Power State Failure?
Driver Power State Failure Windows 10, occurs when you are using the device, and it suddenly goes to the sleep mode. It could be due to a hardware issue or driver issue. At this moment windows send a wake-up signal, but the device does not respond to it or lag. Window flag this state as Driver Power State Failure. It could occur on any windows version like Windows 7/8/8.1 or Windows 10. Mostly it occurs on Windows 10 operating system.
Major causes for Driver Power State Failure:
There are two major causes of this error mentioned below;
- Graphics card driver issue:
Sometime newly installed graphics card or graphics memory chip do not work properly, or our previously installed graphics card driver is outdated. So we face a Driver Power State Failure error issue frequently.
2. WI-FI driver issue:
A second possible reason for this issue is WI-FI drivers, they might be outdated or got corrupt due to some new hardware or new driver updates.
second possible reason for this issue is WI-FI drivers, they might be outdated or got corrupt due to some new hardware or new driver updates.
Solution for Driver Power State Failure Windows 10:
These two issues can be resolved easily. There are no hard and fast rules to overcome these issues.
Solution by Updating Graphic and Wi-Fi Drivers:
Follow these steps to update the wi-fi and graphics drivers;
- Open the “Control Panel”.
- Now go to the “Hardware and Sound”.
- Open device manager now.
- Now first select your network adapter card and click on update drivers to updates the Wi-Fi drivers.
- After that select Graphic Card and click on the update drivers to updating the Graphics Drivers.
- Now reboot your computer so that the drivers take effect after updating.
If the issue is resolved, you are good to go! Cheers! But if you are still facing the issue here is another solution.
A shortcut way to update Graphics Driver:
- Use a combination of keys as press windows button + X on your desktop and now you have to select device drivers.
- Now you have to expand display drivers.
- Right click on the display driver and update them.
- Just restart your computer, and you are ready to rock!
Turning power saving mode off:
You can turn off the power saving mode; sometimes it is the main reason for the Driver Power State Failure issue.
- Open the control panel.
- Select the change power setting option that is very next to the Active power plan.
- Now click on the change advance power setting to open the advance power options.
- Just select the change setting that are currently unavailable.
- Now set the graphics and PCI express setting to the maximum performance.
- Also set wireless adapter setting also to the maximum performance.
- Finally, you have to restart the computer.
- Hopefully, your issue is resolved now.
I hope we saved your precious time to get rid of the issue and solve the problem within no time with easy step by step process. We are here to serve you with quality content that solves your problems. Give us some feedback in a comment and share the post with your friends so they can also save their time and get rid of the issue.
Happy to help you, cheers!