BATTERY ICON MISSING IN WINDOWS 10 [Solved]
If you log on to your system with Windows 10 and notice that the battery icon is conspicuously absent from your taskbar then don’t worry here we are providing 5 methods that you could try to fix the missing battery icon in windows 10 issue.
Disable and Re-able Battery Hardware to fix Battery Icon Missing issue after Windows 10 Update
Here we are going to great method to fix the missing battery icon in Windows is disabling and then re-enabling the ACPI component and battery hardware. For resolve this issue just follow these steps that are below:
- On the keyboard press Windows key + X altogether and open Device Manager and then select Device Manager.
- Find the Batteries category and then expand it. In this step you will see two options first Microsoft AS Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- On Microsoft AS Adapter right-click and choose Disable
- On Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and choose Disable
Note: after disable both of them and now will need to 2 options re-enable.
- Again right click on the Microsoft AS Adapter and select Enable
- On the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery right-click and then select Enable
- Now at the last step reboot your computer
Enable Battery Icon to Resolve the Issue of Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10
Another method that really works if you’ve disable the battery icon is missing in Windows 10, and now you need to enable the battery icon then you must should follow the below steps:
- To open Setting on the keyboard press Windows key + l simultaneously
- Navigate to Personalization, and then click on it
- The taskbar setting could be visible under Personalization
- Locate Turn system icons on or off under Notification area
- In the last step toggle the switch next to power icon to on position
MAKE SURE YOUR POWER ICON IS TURNED ON
- On the blank area of taskbar right-click and choose settings.
- Select turn system icons on or off.
- Make sure power is on.
- Go back on the windows of step two.
- Select which icons appear on the taskbar click.
- You make sure enabled power icon.
Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft AC Adapter driver to fix the battery icon missing windows 10
Sometimes this problem could be occur by a wrong battery driver. However, you can resolve this problem through reinstalling your battery driver.
Follow these below steps:
- Press the Windows logo key button and R at the same time on you keyboard to invoke the Run box.
- In the run box type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- To expand the section double-click Batteries. On Microsoft AC Adapter to select Uninstall. When asked to confirm the uninstalling click Yes.
- When its complete, to select Scan for hardware changes click Action. Windows automatically install a new AC adapter driver for you.
- Via the same method of step 3 and 4 reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
Check for Windows 10 update
You could try to make a Windows update, if your battery icon disappears in Windows 10. A new Windows update often includes security updates, bug fixes and performance enhancements. To check for a windows update follow these below steps:
- Click on the start menu and then navigate to settings
- Go to the update and security
- Select Windows Update
- Select Check for updates